Thanks to Boomerang – one of our favorite Gmail plugins – we now also have a list of the most important things to avoid when creating an email. This includes one-to-one emails and email newsletters. Here is the quick summary and then explore their blog post for the details:
- You are both excited! And have a question?
- You need an urgent reply or assistance (and ask for it.)
- You keep it more than 💯 (% in your subject line.)
- You like to communicate with images, gifs, or memes.
- You are an excitable Oprah fan.
- You’re too formal with your email openings.
- You’re too much of a bro with your email openings
- You make imperfect edits to your HTML newsletter or email.
- You didn’t include an accurate plain-text version of that killer HTML email you put together.
- You mark your email as having “High Importance” in Outlook.
- You use a free webmail provider for your business email.
- You email people asking if they want or have something.
- You’re just trying to help (in your subject line.)
- You refer to your friend as “friend.”
- Your last name is Cash.
- You’ve managed to get an apostrophe in your email address.
MyNOI connects investors with the knowledge they need to make smart decisions and the right brokers to reach their goals. As a team we gather & write timely and salient articles for you to develop your expertise as a commercial real estate investor and broker.