I saw a house today and was going to put in an offer, we were even made aware that there are only 2 other offers and our offer would be the highest and the agent said he will be presenting the offers to the sellers tomorrow since he thinks they’d be satisfied with ours.
However, As soon as i got home and before I was able to sign the offer for my agent to submit she called and said the winners on another property I was a backup on pulled out and the agent will be speaking to the sellers tomorrow about taking our offer(I think we offered the same amount, the winner just waived appraisal while I only offered a 15k gap).
Now, I much prefer the house I saw today. They’re both fine and both are houses I can see myself living in but the one from today has a pool and that’s a really big plus as the waiting lists for pool builders is insane and probably wouldn’t be able to get a pool in until 2022 at the other house.
Anyways, my agent did not submit the bid for the one I had seen today since we got that call about the other property. Would it be appropriate if I ask my agent in the morning to submit the bid on the pool house even though we’re basically set on the other house? Both agents for the houses said they’re going to speak to the sellers tomorrow, and the way I see it is the sellers we were the backup on can change their mind and maybe decide to re-list or maybe decide not to sell after all and I would lose a great house I would have been the top bidder on. I just don’t want to put my realtor into an awkward situation where she told them we wanted the house and then after they speak to the sellers we change our mind. Is this common?