This might be a question which no one can answer for sure but y’all have a lot more experience/ knowledge of real estate so your guess is better than mine.
We are about to become owners of a house on the east coast (closing in mid October). Consequently, we are planning to sell our current home in northern CA. Due to a few logistical issues it looks like we won’t be ready to list our current home until November/ December which is a bad time to sell as far as I know. So, should we list the house for sale around holidays or wait for spring?
Two potential issues: 1) I’m scared that the market will crash if we wait till spring. I know it’s nearly impossible to predict, but it would make me anxious to wait.
2) Next door house was in a fire and is still uninhabitable. I imagine that’s going to decrease the $ we get from the sale. If we wait until the next spring, there is a better chance that the other house will be fixed but we don’t know that for sure.
Keeping both houses will be a bit of a financial stretch but doable. So, is it worth for us to wait to sell? Or say screw it and sell the house to zillow or their kin around the holidays? I just don’t think we’ll get good money from “regular” buyers then. At the same time, no idea how much money we’ll be losing if we sell during the holidays.