Update on the post I made few days ago about the mortgage broker whose rate was 1% higher than the rate we were getting from BOA now both the broker and the listing agent are harassing us.

Few days ago I posted about how the broker we were working with gave us the rate of 6.1% after our offer got accepted and we talked with Bank of America who gave us 5.1%. The broker couldn’t match the rate so we decided to go with BOA but to our surprise the seller’s agent called our agent saying that she chose our offer because she knew the mortgage broker. She doesn’t want to deal with BOA and she even told the appraiser who called her to set up an appointment that she refused to work with BOA because they are not reliable. There is nowhere in the contract that we need to go with that broker or any other clause as long as there is no extra cost to the seller. To make the matter even weirder, the broker called us saying that we need to go with him because the seller’s agent can pull out of the deal if we don’t because we got the house because of his name. We received a commitment letter from BOA in less than 24 hours and submitted it to the seller’s agent. We are paying 65k above asking for this hous, no one is doing us a favor here. They are all throwing tantrums like a toddler. We feel like they are strong-arming us. Is this even legal? Can we file a complaint somewhere against both of them?

submitted by /u/shwetami
[link] [comments]

Few days ago I posted about how the broker we were working with gave us the rate of 6.1% after our offer got accepted and we talked with Bank of America who gave us 5.1%. The broker couldn’t match the rate so we decided to go with BOA but to our surprise the seller’s agent called our agent saying that she chose our offer because she knew the mortgage broker. She doesn’t want to deal with BOA and she even told the appraiser who called her to set up an appointment that she refused to work with BOA because they are not reliable. There is nowhere in the contract that we need to go with that broker or any other clause as long as there is no extra cost to the seller. To make the matter even weirder, the broker called us saying that we need to go with him because the seller’s agent can pull out of the deal if we don’t because we got the house because of his name. We received a commitment letter from BOA in less than 24 hours and submitted it to the seller’s agent. We are paying 65k above asking for this hous, no one is doing us a favor here. They are all throwing tantrums like a toddler. We feel like they are strong-arming us. Is this even legal? Can we file a complaint somewhere against both of them? submitted by /u/shwetami [link] [comments]

<a href="Read More“>View Full Article

Need More Commercial Real Estate Leads?SAVE 40% this month!

Our commercial valuation calculator was created to evaluate commercial real estate. In 6 quick steps you will know your NOI, CAP RATE, and IRR.

Now you can get your own branded version of our calculator!