We toured this particular home almost a year ago and ultimately decided against making an offer due to life circumstances. It remained on the market until July, when the listing was pulled down. Part of the reason it didn’t sell was location (not necessarily rural, but almost a vacation/retirement destination). The price of the property itself was not an issue for us- we are pre-approved, plus it has two rental units for income potential.
Last week we decided to float an offer by the seller of this property since we have not found anything comparable since. He told our agent he’s definitely interested in selling, but to call him after Christmas to make a plan.
Realistically, this timing would work fine for us, but we’re nervous that things will change between now and then. Is there anything we can do between now and then to get a bit more than an acknowledgement?