We’re currently in the process of purchasing a house. Our offer was contingent on the sale of our previous house, which we sold on Monday. We have a one month old baby, all of our personal possessions are packed in the garage of the new house, and we are staying with family until we close on the new house. The appraiser is failing to submit their report, and that is the only thing stopping us from closing. We were supposed to close last Friday. The appraiser keeps saying the report will be in by the end of the day. Every day. The seller extended our closing date out to the 23rd, so basically if the report isn’t in by the end of today, or Monday, I think we’re going to lose the sale. I’m the man of the house, and feel like I am letting my family down. I’m stressed and afraid of being 24, homeless, with a newborn. Is there anything I can do. My lender just keeps telling me to be patient and sit and wait because it will all work out. Need help. This is our dream house, and there’s no other houses available in our area of rural Illinois.