We have a modest 3 bed/2 bath 1200sqft rancher in a nice cul de sac. Neighbors on both sides are iffy, everyone else is great. (Neighbor on left we recently found out is a peeping tom, so big yikes!)
We inherited a home on the water in a nearby town. 2 bed/1 bath. We were going to rent it on airbnb and then eventually retire there.
With this market, we are wondering if we should list our current home, and wait out the prices to drop while we live on the water. We are both early 30s, and planning to start a family. The extra 50-70K could help us buy a decently sized family home in the future. But do we take the risk that the market could stay this way/continue to rise for another 3 years? The waterfront home would be a huge adjustment as we have always had homes on 1+ acre of land and this has virtually no yard, just beach cleanup would be the “yard work”.