Sellers want to push back move in date of already long, drawn out house buy

So my wife and I had our offer accepted for a nice house we both love. Our offer was accepted the first week of April with a planned close date of June 1st and a move in of no later than 14 days after closing (June 15). We currently live in an apartment which requires 60days notice prior to ending the lease. We notified the sellers of this and asked if they would surely be leaving by June 15th. They took over a month to get back to us, and now state that “due to schedule conflicts” they can’t leave until June 22, but they will have the house deep cleaned that day for us. Our contract clearly states that we are owed back rent of $300 per day if sellers cannot vacate by our original agreed upon date. Would it be rude to ask the sellers to either pay the $300/day OR our additional month of rent that we now have because they did not get back with us in a timely fashion?

Of note, the sellers are taking their fridge and washer/dryer combo and we’re non negotiable. They also had an additional pest inspection on top of our inspection to say there are no active termites (ours said there was possible active termites), but are willing to pay for the first termite treatment. My wife also works week on and week off and this new date effectively moves our date 2 weeks later because she will be working that week of June 22.

From my perspective, if you signed a contract then that should be followed. The sellers want to addend so they can move out a week later without any repercussions. What are your thoughts on this situation and what we should do as buyers who just want to get into their house after already waiting 3 months?

submitted by /u/Pretend_Clothes639
[link] [comments]

So my wife and I had our offer accepted for a nice house we both love. Our offer was accepted the first week of April with a planned close date of June 1st and a move in of no later than 14 days after closing (June 15). We currently live in an apartment which requires 60days notice prior to ending the lease. We notified the sellers of this and asked if they would surely be leaving by June 15th. They took over a month to get back to us, and now state that “due to schedule conflicts” they can’t leave until June 22, but they will have the house deep cleaned that day for us. Our contract clearly states that we are owed back rent of $300 per day if sellers cannot vacate by our original agreed upon date. Would it be rude to ask the sellers to either pay the $300/day OR our additional month of rent that we now have because they did not get back with us in a timely fashion? Of note, the sellers are taking their fridge and washer/dryer combo and we’re non negotiable. They also had an additional pest inspection on top of our inspection to say there are no active termites (ours said there was possible active termites), but are willing to pay for the first termite treatment. My wife also works week on and week off and this new date effectively moves our date 2 weeks later because she will be working that week of June 22. From my perspective, if you signed a contract then that should be followed. The sellers want to addend so they can move out a week later without any repercussions. What are your thoughts on this situation and what we should do as buyers who just want to get into their house after already waiting 3 months? submitted by /u/Pretend_Clothes639 [link] [comments]

<a href="Read More“>View Full Article

Need More Commercial Real Estate Leads?SAVE 40% this month!

Our commercial valuation calculator was created to evaluate commercial real estate. In 6 quick steps you will know your NOI, CAP RATE, and IRR.

Now you can get your own branded version of our calculator!