I have been looking for quite a while here in Southern California. I’ve missed out on opportunities, been outbid, etc. This time I decided to be aggressive. They held an open house the first day it was on the market. I saw a house the first day and was the first person to see it. Loved it and decided to try some tactics I’ve lost other homes to other people who did it.
Their realtor said they need a quick close because they’re leaving the country. We offered $50k above list price, 14 day escrow, and two weeks free rent back if they signed tonight and not show it for more open houses this weekend. They agreed, but they countered back that they want two months free rent back instead. I reluctantly agreed. They sent me the final form to sign, I signed it and thought that was it.
Apparently they were to sign the final time and they didn’t. This morning I woke up and saw another open house was listed online for today and tomorrow and it still not showing pending. My realtor called and their realtor told him that “she is an attorney and needs to take time looking over the contract before she signs”. He said he saw she logged into DocuSign many times, but he didn’t know why she didn’t finalize it 12 hours later. He also said he planned to hold the open houses all weekend anyway to drum up more business, but said they won’t accept any other offers because it’s mine. He swore. He said they’re honest and not trying to cause any problems and reiterated she just takes time to look it over.
So here we are. It’s been almost 24 hours and still no signature. I never would have agreed to two months rent back if they were going to keep showing the home. They are shopping my offer around for other higher offers, aren’t they? Is there anything I can do besides wait?