We recently put an offer in on a house and it got accepted and after the inspection the house needed basically like 40k worth of work. So we decided to tell the seller we’ll move forward if they’ll take 10k off asking price and 30k credit to fix everything. They told us no, which is perfectly fine so we signed the termination as we have a contingency on home inspection being to our liking.
With that being said, the seller has not signed the termination contract.
We might be going under contract on another house here soon, as it seems this owner likes our offer.
What will happen though?
Our agent is pushing for the seller’s agent to talk to the seller and have them sign the termination contract but we haven’t heard anything yet. Our agent is hoping to get this taken care of before the sellers we have an offer in on have made a decision. I don’t want to lose the new house because the old house seller is dragging his feet.