Sell Our House or Hold? (IL)

There are a few different pieces to this so I will try and stay concise.

My wife and I knew this wasn’t our forever home when we bought and now that we have a baby the time to sell appears to be approaching faster than expected. Our house is a little over a block away from our city’s downtown and expansion has made its way across the street from us. A developer is turning a house and its two plots into 8 two story units with parking.

Our house is a little over 100yrs old and doesn’t have a driveway or garage. We only have street parking in front and are worried that the future housing is going to intrude on our parking and hurt our resale value.

The other twist is we are about 2yrs away from having student loans paid off. IF we had those paid off our buying range would take a good leap.

We have been making improvements and upgrades since we moved in, but, my question is: Do we continue to make upgrades and look to move now before a potential hit to our house value occurs, or, do we hold until student loans are gone?

TLDR: Should we buy/sell now before development occurs even though our buying range will go up in ~2yrs, but, our resale value could go down.

submitted by /u/seebee72
[link] [comments]

There are a few different pieces to this so I will try and stay concise. My wife and I knew this wasn’t our forever home when we bought and now that we have a baby the time to sell appears to be approaching faster than expected. Our house is a little over a block away from our city’s downtown and expansion has made its way across the street from us. A developer is turning a house and its two plots into 8 two story units with parking. Our house is a little over 100yrs old and doesn’t have a driveway or garage. We only have street parking in front and are worried that the future housing is going to intrude on our parking and hurt our resale value. The other twist is we are about 2yrs away from having student loans paid off. IF we had those paid off our buying range would take a good leap. We have been making improvements and upgrades since we moved in, but, my question is: Do we continue to make upgrades and look to move now before a potential hit to our house value occurs, or, do we hold until student loans are gone? TLDR: Should we buy/sell now before development occurs even though our buying range will go up in ~2yrs, but, our resale value could go down. submitted by /u/seebee72 [link] [comments]

<a href="Read More“>View Full Article

Need More Commercial Real Estate Leads?SAVE 40% this month!

Our commercial valuation calculator was created to evaluate commercial real estate. In 6 quick steps you will know your NOI, CAP RATE, and IRR.

Now you can get your own branded version of our calculator!