I put an offer in on a place this past Saturday. The realtor told me he was giving them until 5pm local time Sunday to accept or decline. Sunday afternoon, he informs me that the owners will not make a decision because they have a showing on Monday (today), so they have until 5pm local time to make a decision. I’ve followed up with the realtor, but haven’t heard anything back yet. I went to the listing again and see a note stating that all offers need to be in by 5pm on September 7th.
I understand that there is probably a lot of interest in the property, so the owner wants to hold out to review as many offers as they can, but is it normal to set a deadline and have them continue to push it?