Hello everyone! Looking for a little advice with regards to the sale of our home.
We live in Orange County, CA in a single family neighborhood that is probably the most desired neighborhood due to its proximity to top public schools, parks/hiking trails, and other things.
We decided to list our home to get a pulse on the market and was advised by our realtor that a listing price of more than 2.2 million was not a good idea as it was a significant increase from when we purchased it. However, our home is a truly custom home with all new renovations inside and out and is truly unique in our neighborhood, so we instructed our realtor to list the home for 2.5 million against her advice.
That being said, we received two offers from the first 48 hours with private showings. Both were initially paying full asking price but have since raised their offers to 2.6 all cash and 2.7 but waived the loan contingency in case the home doesn’t appraise at 2.7. They both want us to accept their offers by midnight tonight as we have an open house scheduled for tomorrow. They both stated that they will rescind their offers if we let it hit the open market.
Obviously, we are ecstatic about the offers. However, am I being greedy for wanting to let it hit the market and see what others might be willing to pay? It was just updated to a hot listing on Redfin and is expected to sell fast. The estimated value from Redfin and Zillow were actually updated as well to closer to 2.65 which is in line with the offers that we received.
I don’t want to be stupid and lose two great offers in front of me, but just don’t really know what to do. I don’t really trust the advice of my realtor at this point as she is also representing the all cash buyer so there is a conflict of interest. Any advice you guys have for me would be greatly appreciated. The house has been on the market about 48 hours at this point.