My sister is angry that I won’t cosign for her. Should I?

My sister (50f), has no credit and a history of being evicted from any leases she’s ever had. They have lost two homes in the past few years, and a son that has a history of damaging property. Currently they’re being evicted this Friday, and are looking for another place to live. They just filled out an application, and it was rejected.

Now they’re asking for me and my husband to cosign.

Our biggest concern, is what happens if and when they get evicted for not paying rent. I’m struggling because this is family, and obviously we want to help, but we want to protect our credit and our asserts.

They have indicated strongly to us that there is no risk on our part, and of course they will make the payments on time. The issue is, if they default on payments, then the bank will easily come after us instead.

It’s important to note that my sister has no assets, and we have multiple.

She’s made it very clear that they are upset with our decision, and the last text we received from them after we respectfully declined was“ we are still in disbelief”.

Am I in the wrong here?

submitted by /u/pluto2044
[link] [comments]

My sister (50f), has no credit and a history of being evicted from any leases she’s ever had. They have lost two homes in the past few years, and a son that has a history of damaging property. Currently they’re being evicted this Friday, and are looking for another place to live. They just filled out an application, and it was rejected. Now they’re asking for me and my husband to cosign. Our biggest concern, is what happens if and when they get evicted for not paying rent. I’m struggling because this is family, and obviously we want to help, but we want to protect our credit and our asserts. They have indicated strongly to us that there is no risk on our part, and of course they will make the payments on time. The issue is, if they default on payments, then the bank will easily come after us instead. It’s important to note that my sister has no assets, and we have multiple. She’s made it very clear that they are upset with our decision, and the last text we received from them after we respectfully declined was“ we are still in disbelief”. Am I in the wrong here? submitted by /u/pluto2044 [link] [comments]

<a href="Read More“>View Full Article

Need More Commercial Real Estate Leads?SAVE 40% this month!

Our commercial valuation calculator was created to evaluate commercial real estate. In 6 quick steps you will know your NOI, CAP RATE, and IRR.

Now you can get your own branded version of our calculator!