I broke my one rule of never working with family and friends and can not be regretting it more. I picked this agent because they would be willing to do it for less than a normal commission. She recently got her liscence again. I basically needed someone to show it, do the paperwork, email back and forth with the seller, and let people in and out.
Last Wednesday she forwarded me an email that the buyer was pulling out. I was shocked. Everything was seemingly going fine. She didn’t even fucking call me. The deal collapsed and she thought it was appropriate to email me not call me. She also refuses to talk over to the phone to me or the other agent because she wants “Everything in writing”. Apparently, she did not send me any of the buyer’s requests after the inspection. The buyer sent numerous emails saying “Really trying to hold this together the buyer wants to pull out and you aren’t cooperating. Additionally, she would send me abridged versions of and then forward my answers along the whole sale to the buyer agent. Below is an example
Buyer Agent: Hello we have a concern about a stain in the bedroom would you mind contacted unit 4 to ask them if they had water drip in from their space?
Selling Agent to me: What is the stain in the bedroom.
Me: I don’t know what stain you are talking about
Selling Agent Message to Buyer Agent: He doesn’t know what you are talking about.
After they pulled out I called the agent and left a message and saved the deal. My agent talked to me on the phone and said she shouldn’t be contacting me. I said I had to contact the buying agent to save the deal. My agent says she is going to tell the other agent not to contact me anymore. I tell her to let it go. She does it anyway. After that, I messaged both parties and told them to CC into all communication and that the buyer agent can talk directly to me.
I do not want her involved anymore. I have yet to meet somebody so incompetent at their job. The buyer makes a decision tomorrow at 10 AM whether they would like to move forward or not. Should I call and talk to the other agent again. If the deal falls through can I fire my agent?