I am trying to close a property in Austin, 3 days after the contract signed by both parties, we sent the earnest/options to the escrow. According to Austin ABOR, it requires seller agent to change the status from “Available” to “Pending in contract” within certain period of time after accepting an offer. We have communicated out to seller agent asking for status change, the agent refused and basically dare us to report him to the MLS. Seller agent was very rude, and would not return email or text, a request would take 3 days for seller agent to respond.
The agent finally updated the listing after the “Options period” ended. We suspect seller agent was trying to get more offers as possible before the option period closes. In this scenario, can we fire a lawsuit for damage? Seller agent behavior had put us in a very disadvantage position, i believe he receives backup offer and now they totally refused on any repair or negotiations, they even tell us they will not extend the closing date due to repairs required by lender and would let it contract expires to move on to the next cash buyer.
is that worth fire a lawsuit? If we can fire a lawsuit and put the property in “pending lawsuit” delaying the house from being put back into market, we wanted ask for damage compensation, price reduction in return to dismiss the lawsuit, few thousand lawyer fees exchange for $15k in price reduction IMO is worth it. What do you guys think?
Update: we swing up the property multiple times during the 7 days options period, we found out redfin agents are still show the house to potential buyers