I may get mixed answers here… but I’d like some feedback from people that are good with numbers. Is it better to overpay a little bit and buy now while interest rates are low OR wait it out until housing prices drop (if they do at all), but face the possibility of higher interest rates?
I remember looking nearly 2 years ago when IR was higher but houses were prob 100k cheaper. My mortgage payments would have been roughly the same. My other worry is if we don’t get into a house now, there’s no telling when the market will change – if it does at all. There are so many buyers and I dont see that getting better any time soon. We have been going in at around 30k over asking. Thoughts?