Hello! This I my first post on Reddit- particularly in this thread.
My fiancé and I just recently bought a new construction home. He is in the repair field and so am I- at the moment. It has been really difficult during the pandemic and my fiancé was lucky enough to get an amazing job at a dealership and he has steady income. However, I fell into a position at a repair facility as a service advisor and it has grown into an awful scenario.
We have signed on the dotted line and put down the money for the home and it is towards the end of it’s construction phases. I have had my resumé out there and have been applying for better jobs this entire time (it’s absolutely barren out there since the pandemic and I have been trying to get into my dream field of home building- ironic, I know). I recently have been going for interviews at a reputable home company and I believe I may get an offer letter soon, although it hasn’t been extended. It is a different “field” but I would still be working in customer service (the same position I have been for my entire job history) and it has a much higher pay.
I am worried because I really don’t want to mess up the chances of us getting out home but I don’t know how much longer I can run the risk of my mental health and relationship. If I get this offer letter, in which they are looking for an immediate fill, how much of a threat does this pose to the house? And if it does, how can I mend this with my lender? I know it’s a very selfish act of me but I just can’t do this much longer and I fear I won’t have a job to consider (between the new offer and my current position) if I hold out much longer. I feel like not having a job closer to the closing date will pose a greater threat then changing jobs before closing. Our current projection for closing is beginning of December and I am interviewing now. If I get settled into a position at this home builder by the end of October, what does that mean for us?
I know it’s a very tough subject and everything is.. well, subjective, but I have no one else to ask except my loan officer and I fear if I try to have this conversation with them until I know all the facts, I could cost both my fiancé and I a home. I know in the big picture it’s a very selfish act but I have been at this position for a year now and it is taking a toll on every aspect of my life. I am not who I used to be in a very bad way.
I really appreciate all insight. Like I said, it’s our first time buying a house and I am so scared to lose it- I know nothing about this stuff, I never thought I would have too…