So I ve been renting last few years(with others) and this year the rental property got sold to a new owner. New owner tells me 2 months before lease is up they won’t be renewing lease.
Now I’m pretty much stuck. I would rather buy a house instead of throwing 10s of thousands into rent but every house doesn’t even last a week on the market. I look at rentals and rent has skyrocketed to where a mortgage would be cheaper monthly than renting now.
Now I’m at a point where I feel like I might make a mistake and rush buy any house because of time constraints. Is it better to just pay 2x rent and wait until the market cools down or buy a house that seems good enough?