Did my realtor screw me over with his vacation?

My house went on the market last Wednesday. We are in a hot area in Florida where everyone wants to live.

I put my house up because my husband lost his job (his position was cut) and due to the nature of his work if he doesn’t have a job here for this company he can’t work in Florida at all. Anyway, he got a job up north in the DC area. So alas we’re moving. We just bought out “forever home” back in November and put 50k of remodeling into it. Never knowing this was going to happen.

Got a realtor to put my house up. He tells me on picture day he is going to be out of town for Memorial Day. Okay, no problem. I hope to be in contract before then (this market is hot enough). Day 1 we get an offer 100k over asking. We counter with the necessary items (appraisal gap etc.). They ghost our agent. We get another off on Thursday evening for list price whilst waiting to see if offer A answers. I told my agent if they don’t answer by noon on Friday I want to rescind the counter for A and accept B. I don’t want to be greedy, I just desperately need to sell my house. Noon comes and goes and he suggests we do highest and best on next Tuesday (31st). I just wanted to accept the offer and be done and enjoy my weekend. He stated he was going to reach out to offer Bs agent but they never got back to him either? An hour later my agent is gone and I’m stuck sitting in my car all weekend with four dogs for showings.

Comes back today and I ask how many offers we have and I have zero. I am devastated and angry since I could of had exactly what we wanted on Friday but it seemed to not of worked with his timeline. I know there’s probably nothing I can do at this point but hope and wait another offer comes along. But every minute here is another lost with us getting a place up north (whether buy or rent).

Should this how a realtor of acted with a for list price offer?

TLDR; agent was going on vacation when I had an expiring offer and instead of letting us sign it he suggested we’d go highest and best for the end of the weekend. I wanted to sign it. We lost the offer and now have no offers in hand.

submitted by /u/shanibu
[link] [comments]

My house went on the market last Wednesday. We are in a hot area in Florida where everyone wants to live. I put my house up because my husband lost his job (his position was cut) and due to the nature of his work if he doesn’t have a job here for this company he can’t work in Florida at all. Anyway, he got a job up north in the DC area. So alas we’re moving. We just bought out “forever home” back in November and put 50k of remodeling into it. Never knowing this was going to happen. Got a realtor to put my house up. He tells me on picture day he is going to be out of town for Memorial Day. Okay, no problem. I hope to be in contract before then (this market is hot enough). Day 1 we get an offer 100k over asking. We counter with the necessary items (appraisal gap etc.). They ghost our agent. We get another off on Thursday evening for list price whilst waiting to see if offer A answers. I told my agent if they don’t answer by noon on Friday I want to rescind the counter for A and accept B. I don’t want to be greedy, I just desperately need to sell my house. Noon comes and goes and he suggests we do highest and best on next Tuesday (31st). I just wanted to accept the offer and be done and enjoy my weekend. He stated he was going to reach out to offer Bs agent but they never got back to him either? An hour later my agent is gone and I’m stuck sitting in my car all weekend with four dogs for showings. Comes back today and I ask how many offers we have and I have zero. I am devastated and angry since I could of had exactly what we wanted on Friday but it seemed to not of worked with his timeline. I know there’s probably nothing I can do at this point but hope and wait another offer comes along. But every minute here is another lost with us getting a place up north (whether buy or rent). Should this how a realtor of acted with a for list price offer? TLDR; agent was going on vacation when I had an expiring offer and instead of letting us sign it he suggested we’d go highest and best for the end of the weekend. I wanted to sign it. We lost the offer and now have no offers in hand. submitted by /u/shanibu [link] [comments]

<a href="Read More“>View Full Article

Need More Commercial Real Estate Leads?SAVE 40% this month!

Our commercial valuation calculator was created to evaluate commercial real estate. In 6 quick steps you will know your NOI, CAP RATE, and IRR.

Now you can get your own branded version of our calculator!