Considering bringing on a buyer’s broker to represent myself after already having an accepted offer for a NYC co-op, but have concerns

So we have an offer on an apartment that was already accepted, and we are waiting to receive the contract from the seller’s attorney. Nothing has been signed yet. The attorney on our side is actually my father, so we already have that bit covered.

For some context, the seller’s broker has showed us the apartment twice in person, we currently have no buyer’s broker representing us.

I’ve been told it’d be helpful to have a buyer’s broker represent us through the process (specifically the co-op application and interview process), however I am concerned that if we ask the seller’s broker about bringing on our own broker, they will be turned off by us suggesting it (they’d end up splitting their commission), and it could hurt our chances on getting a deal signed, ultimately costing us the apartment. Again, no contract has been received or signed yet.

Is it common to bring on a buyer’s broker after an offer has already been extended and agreed upon? Or is this something we shouldn’t do? Would this be a bad enough thing from the selling broker’s perspective to cause them to back out of the deal, and potentially find a different buyer?

Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this, or how we should go about asking.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/NYKyle610
[link] [comments]

So we have an offer on an apartment that was already accepted, and we are waiting to receive the contract from the seller’s attorney. Nothing has been signed yet. The attorney on our side is actually my father, so we already have that bit covered. For some context, the seller’s broker has showed us the apartment twice in person, we currently have no buyer’s broker representing us. I’ve been told it’d be helpful to have a buyer’s broker represent us through the process (specifically the co-op application and interview process), however I am concerned that if we ask the seller’s broker about bringing on our own broker, they will be turned off by us suggesting it (they’d end up splitting their commission), and it could hurt our chances on getting a deal signed, ultimately costing us the apartment. Again, no contract has been received or signed yet. Is it common to bring on a buyer’s broker after an offer has already been extended and agreed upon? Or is this something we shouldn’t do? Would this be a bad enough thing from the selling broker’s perspective to cause them to back out of the deal, and potentially find a different buyer? Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this, or how we should go about asking. Thank you! submitted by /u/NYKyle610 [link] [comments]

<a href="Read More“>View Full Article

Need More Commercial Real Estate Leads?SAVE 40% this month!

Our commercial valuation calculator was created to evaluate commercial real estate. In 6 quick steps you will know your NOI, CAP RATE, and IRR.

Now you can get your own branded version of our calculator!