I’m purchase a home in New York ; I was ready to close Aug 2021. Seller is not ready because she has not found “suitable housing “. So upon contingent that seller find suitable living , am I stuck in contract to wait months or years for seller to find housing . There was no clarifying in contract for a time frame where as in I could have been able to cancel. My attorney sent a time of ess letter based on lack of good faith on seller finding someplace new. However, they disagreed and said they are not in default based on contract stating “ finding suitable housing” before closing .
are they in right ? Am I stuck to wait however long ? Do I even have a chance to win case if I take to litigation?
Thank you in advance for advice
These affiliate ads help support our website operations.