A fire erupted in the building I was supposed to move at the end of September. The fire was limited to one apartment on the last floor far from mine, but the building is now under inspection as National Grid wants to be sure every apartment is ok. Long story short there is no gas (aka no hot water, no cooking) until early November (i was told) and therefore closing cannot be completed until the unit is in perfect working order as per contract we signed.
I don’t have big issue to wait at this point, but I will need to extend my loan agreement, and I will need to find a place to stay until the closing as I already terminate my lease at the end of september
Who will pay for my airbnb? is it a seller duty?
Is there any other things I should know?
Can I ask a discount/reimbursement/damage for the delay?