I’m in the process of buying a condo w/ a VA loan. I went into escrow on the 23rd of June and was supposed to close tomorrow, but we’re waiting on the appraisal. The appraisal was completed on the 29th of June, confirmed by the seller’s realtor, saying she let him in the property for the inspection. Unfortunately, the realtors and loan representatives tell me they are unable to reach this appraiser, so we are unable to close for this reason. Furthermore, they tell me that as the buyer, I’m not allowed to have the appraiser’s contact information; if I knew this information, I would have called myself or went to see this individual in person to attempt to speed things up.
Each day this is gets delayed is another day I have to wait to move, and another day I have to pay rent in my current place so, I’d like to have it resolved as quickly as possible. But, if we don’t get the information from the appraiser (like if he passed away or something), do I have to fit the bill for another appraisal? Is there a way I can get compensated for each day the escrow closing gets pushed back? Or am I just boned because this is just how it goes sometimes?
Needless to say, I’m mildly frustrated about the whole situation and unsure of where to direct this frustration. Is it on the realtor or loan officer to pimp the appraiser in this scenario? Could I have done something more here? From my point of view, I’ve been pretty proactive on everything, and it sucks to get hung up on something I don’t have any control over. I could just say f it and back out of contract and piss away my deposit, but I’m sure that would be an overreaction.