Listed at 209,000. We never originally made an offer, because by the time we got around to it, house was pending. But first buyers financing fell through (reason unknown) and then a SECOND buyer, same thing (reason unknown)! The seller’s agent was familiar with our agent and reached out to him knowing he had a client (me) who was able and willing to close quick (month to month lease on my apt). They named a price, 215, amd said if we agree to that price it’s ours, done deal. So we did. Inspection is next week, they had no problem with that. They just want to move (found a bigger house for them and their 3 kids down the street).
Here’s my concern: I only found 1 comparable in the area for that price (actually above, but whatever), but the ones that sold for less were not updated like this one. This house has been beautifully and recently updated with a lot of care. Given that we did not say we’d pay a gap, and that this deal is dependent on financing, what are the chances that they listed it above whatever they had it appraised for? I mean, they were serious about checking with MY lender to ensure my credit, job, etc, but didn’t say anything about concerns of a gap. You would think they would if they already lost two buyers. So I’m probably fine, right?