buying my realtor’s family home

hi RE — my husband and i are looking into buying my realtor‘s family home. we have been looking for about a year and she recently offered this to us as an option. it ticks all of our boxes but is in an area that we generally could not afford. she is offering it to us at a price that would be top of our budget but affordable. she could likely get more for it, but i think since she grew up in the house there is an emotional component and also the ease of selling to highly qualified buyer off market is a draw.

she and her husband are genuinely good people. i worked with her husband for years and i trust them. i think they’re offering a fair price for the home. but with your own home i know it’s hard to be objective pricing it.

my husband and i sold our are closing next week with a 6 week free leaseback. my husband’s preference is to move into an apartment (we do have 2 kids) and wait out the market for a year for a cooling.that’s fine, but i also wouldn’t mind getting another house so our kids and dog can have a back yard.

also to note, “top of our budget” is still easily affordable. but we would like to retire early and have a high savings rate. we are not stretching ourselves to make this mortgage.

my question is, if you were in the situation what would you do in terms of confirming a fair price? she is a wonderful person and i don’t want to insult her, i do think she’s offering a fair price, i’d just like to do our due diligence since it’s a half a million dollar purchase.

submitted by /u/allblackleggings
[link] [comments]

hi RE — my husband and i are looking into buying my realtor‘s family home. we have been looking for about a year and she recently offered this to us as an option. it ticks all of our boxes but is in an area that we generally could not afford. she is offering it to us at a price that would be top of our budget but affordable. she could likely get more for it, but i think since she grew up in the house there is an emotional component and also the ease of selling to highly qualified buyer off market is a draw. she and her husband are genuinely good people. i worked with her husband for years and i trust them. i think they’re offering a fair price for the home. but with your own home i know it’s hard to be objective pricing it. my husband and i sold our are closing next week with a 6 week free leaseback. my husband’s preference is to move into an apartment (we do have 2 kids) and wait out the market for a year for a cooling.that’s fine, but i also wouldn’t mind getting another house so our kids and dog can have a back yard. also to note, “top of our budget” is still easily affordable. but we would like to retire early and have a high savings rate. we are not stretching ourselves to make this mortgage. my question is, if you were in the situation what would you do in terms of confirming a fair price? she is a wonderful person and i don’t want to insult her, i do think she’s offering a fair price, i’d just like to do our due diligence since it’s a half a million dollar purchase. submitted by /u/allblackleggings [link] [comments]

<a href="Read More“>View Full Article

Need More Commercial Real Estate Leads?SAVE 40% this month!

Our commercial valuation calculator was created to evaluate commercial real estate. In 6 quick steps you will know your NOI, CAP RATE, and IRR.

Now you can get your own branded version of our calculator!