Buyers remorse? How should I be thinking about my recent purchase?

We closed on a home in Feb of this year. I think we overpaid, and we definitely felt rushed into buying the home.

We had a 6 month old at the time, and we were renting a 2/1 while both WFH. The mortgage we took out is well within our comfort zone and was at a rate of 3.6%.

Long story short, we felt that we needed to move asap and bought a house that we could afford, and checked most boxes.

Unfortunately, the house is close to the freeway and there is subtle noise especially at night that bothers me (my wife not so much). I also wish the lot size/size of home was a little bigger.

Now that we’re seeing the market shift and the tide turn between buyers and sellers, I can’t help but beat myself up for not waiting a little longer until we had more options.

I eventually want to move out/upgrade but am afraid that if we don’t have enough cash for another DP or income to pay a 2nd mortgage, then we’ll be stuck here for a while.

Note, we purchased the home with the intention of staying here for at least 3-5 years, but don’t know if that timeline is going to be considerably longer given the unknowns in the market.

How should I be viewing my situation?

submitted by /u/AC_Schnitzel
[link] [comments]

We closed on a home in Feb of this year. I think we overpaid, and we definitely felt rushed into buying the home. We had a 6 month old at the time, and we were renting a 2/1 while both WFH. The mortgage we took out is well within our comfort zone and was at a rate of 3.6%. Long story short, we felt that we needed to move asap and bought a house that we could afford, and checked most boxes. Unfortunately, the house is close to the freeway and there is subtle noise especially at night that bothers me (my wife not so much). I also wish the lot size/size of home was a little bigger. Now that we’re seeing the market shift and the tide turn between buyers and sellers, I can’t help but beat myself up for not waiting a little longer until we had more options. I eventually want to move out/upgrade but am afraid that if we don’t have enough cash for another DP or income to pay a 2nd mortgage, then we’ll be stuck here for a while. Note, we purchased the home with the intention of staying here for at least 3-5 years, but don’t know if that timeline is going to be considerably longer given the unknowns in the market. How should I be viewing my situation? submitted by /u/AC_Schnitzel [link] [comments]

<a href="Read More“>View Full Article

Need More Commercial Real Estate Leads?SAVE 40% this month!

Our commercial valuation calculator was created to evaluate commercial real estate. In 6 quick steps you will know your NOI, CAP RATE, and IRR.

Now you can get your own branded version of our calculator!

Generated by Feedzy