Just curious what you all would do in this situation. We put our house on the market 3 weeks ago and had 5 offers in 24 hours. We accepted a cash offer for $13k over listing, expecting some might get knocked after inspection. Inspection came back, and the buyer now wants to knock off the entire $13k, but not because of anything in the inspection – because he’s worried that some day the city sewer line will break, and he’ll have to pay taxes on the fix. We actually had the whole sewer line to the main replaced recently, so it’s not even an issue with the home – it’s literally with the city sewer system.
This seems bizarre to me. We want to sell because we have another home lined up contingent on the sale of this one. But we aren’t desperate and could wait if we had to (would lose other home though). If the buyer had asked gor, say, $5k off, we probably would have just said, “Cool, whatever.” But the whole $13k for a hypothetical issue that didn’t even result from the inspection feels like bad faith.
What would you all do? Is this a normal request?