Hey all, FTHB here with a headache and a question.
Long story short, after constantly asking for updates from the mortgage provider over two weeks about the status of the title order and the processing of the mortgage, and getting back “everything is working behind the scenes and is getting ready for a timely closing,” it’s come to my attention that the bank never ordered the title, and they assumed that the title company just stopped working their end. The original title company showed via email that they mentioned multiple times over two weeks they were unable to order a title for my particular area, but constantly recommend a new title company that could process the title to the bank. It appears that there was a lot of miscommunication with the lender because they never ended up following up with a new title or informing me of the problem. As a result, closing is delayed with no new closing date right now. My agent suggested that I ask for compensation by the bank for their negligence, but not sure how much I should ask for or if I can. Any help? Thanks.