A month ago, my husband signed a buyer’s agreement form with this older wife and husband agent who had worked with my in laws in the past. We trusted my in laws’ judgement since this will be our first time buying a house so we decided to go with them.
Now we’re bound to them for six months and they are not… the best. The wife handles all paperwork and works full time somewhere else whereas the husband only shows houses. Husband and I wanted to look at two houses that had been on the market for a couple of days, so we had asked our agent if we could go look at it the day before yesterday. Yesterday morning comes and I saw that two new houses had just come on the market and we asked if we could see them along with the first two houses. The agent calls my husband and tells him we could only see the two houses that just came out because the first house(mind you, we wanted to see two) was under contract and my husband asked, “both houses?” And the agent said, “I think so”
So I reached out to a Redfin agent just to make sure and she told me that the first two houses were still on the market and that there were currently no offers…
Then I texted the wife and asked if we could get a copy of the buyer’s agreement form because we had been asking for it for a while and she asks me, “what buyer’s agreement form?” I told her, “the form that we signed upon first time meeting.” She ends up sending it over super late.
I’m not happy with these people. The husband told us once before that if we put in a higher due diligence in our offer, we wouldn’t get it back, at all. Thing is, we know that since we’ve worked with a previous agent before, but that’s only if the seller accepts our offer and we back out, then we’d lose it. But he argued saying that even if the seller doesn’t accept our offer, we would still lose our due diligence… A few hours later, he calls back and says, “oh yea, sorry about that. Y’all were right.”
We really don’t want to work with them anymore and we don’t know if we could cancel our agreement or if we could, how? Or just stick with them until we do find a house or wait for our term to end? I don’t know.